Do Nothing Cake is a moist, juicy, and fragrant cake with pineapple, coconut, and pecan. Superfast cooking will surely please you, and everyone will enjoy the taste. There are times when trouble guests come unexpectedly. You are certainly extremely happy with the company, but what can be cooked quickly?
To spend time with guests and a glass of sparkling wine, and not hugging with a mixer and stove? Do Nothing Cake is all you need to know. Combine all the ingredients in one bowl and wait until baked.
What is a do-nothing cake?
On par with cakes that need a lot of time and effort to prepare to Do Nothing Cake is not inferior to taste! This cake, according to historical reports, appeared in the 1940s.
It is done quickly from scratch without spending a lot of resources and ingredients. This is an up-to-date cake with a glaze made from pineapple, evaporated milk, coconut, and pecans.
What is the huge plus of this cake, you do not need special equipment such as a mixer or blender. Just mix everything with a spoon or whisk by hand. Save this recipe for yourself as a great whip cake. Be sure, it will not leave your guests indifferent!
How to make a do nothing cake?
This is a cake that cooks easily quickly. I prefer to beat eggs with sugar separately and then mix with flour mix and pineapples.
But you can easily immediately put all the ingredients in one big bowl and knead until mixed.
Pour the mixture into the prepared form and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, prepare the icing by mixing butter, sugar, and evaporated milk.
Bring to a boil, add chopped nuts and coconut flakes. Cook another 3 minutes or until thick. Make many holes in the cake and cover it with icing.
Why is the cake juicy and wet?
Pineapples create a porous texture and give that very moisture. Thus, we bake a cake without a single drop of butter. And of course the icing! It soaks through the cake and creates a unique dessert.
In order to completely drive your taste buds crazy (in a good way), use the following tips.
1) Add a pinch of ground spices to the dough. For example, cinnamon+ginger+cloves. They interact well with pineapple and emphasize its taste.
2) Roast the nuts in the oven before adding to the icing for a special flavor.
3) Replace the white sugar with brown in the icing.
As a result, you get a great Do Nothing Cake that will look like a Do Everything Cake.
How long do nothing cakes last?
To keep the cake longer, stay in the refrigerator. Cover the cake with cling film, foil, or fold it into a sealed container with a lid. So it does not dry out and does not absorb odors from the refrigerator.
Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If desired, freeze the cake without icing and use it as intended at the right time.
How to make Tornado Cake from scratch?
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a deep bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until light foam.
Step 2. Sift the flour into a separate bowl and mix it with baking soda.
Step 3. Mix the egg mixture with flour, chopped pineapple, and can juice. Mix until mixed.
Step 4. Oil a baking dish (it can be rectangular 9 * 13 inches, or round with a diameter of 10 inches). Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Check the cake by piercing with a bamboo skewer, it should come out dry and clean.
Step 5. In a saucepan, mix the butter, sugar, vanilla, and evaporated milk. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
Step 6. Add chopped nuts and coconut flakes to the saucepan, mix everything. Cook a few more minutes, the icing should thicken a little.
Step 7. Make many deep holes in the baked cake. This can be easily done with the narrow handle of a spoon or chopstick for sushi.
Step 8. Glaze your cake and spread it over the entire surface. Cut and serve.
How do you freeze do nothing cake?
Cool the fully baked cake. Wrap with cling film, then foil and put in the freezer. Store there for no more than 3-4 months. Before use, defrost the cake overnight in the refrigerator.
Make holes in the thawed cake and cover with freshly prepared glaze.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT Tornado Cake!
1. If it seems to you that the glaze is too liquid, you can slightly thicken it. Dilute a teaspoon of corn starch in cold evaporated milk and add to the icing. When heated, the mixture becomes thicker.
2. Replace the pecans, if desired, with walnuts or almonds.
3. I recommend using grated flesh of fresh coconut instead of purchased coconut flakes.
4. The amount of sugar in the dough you can reduce to 1.5 cups.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE A FEW MORE I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE!
- Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake
- A Lemon Cake To Die For!
- Death By Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Preacher Cake
- How Do You Make A Moist Granny Cake?
- Homemade Fresh Peach Crisp Recipe
- Mini Lemon Drop Cakes
Do Nothing Tornado Cake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Beat eggs with sugar and vanilla, combine with flour and soda, mix. Add chopped pineapples with juice from a can and knead a uniform dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes. Check availability with a bamboo skewer.
- Melt butter, evaporated milk, vanilla, and sugar in a saucepan. Cook constantly stirring until boiling. Add chopped nuts and coconut flakes, mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Make holes in the cake, pour over the icing and evenly distribute it. Slice and serve.
- Cut the pineapples to your liking. I prefer small pieces.
- There is usually not a lot of pineapple juice in a tin can, so you can pour it all in the dough.
- A rectangular baking dish of 9 * 13, or round with a diameter of 10 inches, is well suited for this recipe.