Honestly, I’m not a fan of sweet foods. But some time ago I had tried this cake for the Christmas holidays visiting my cousin, I fell in love with it forever.
This is a truly brilliant cake for the winter months, such as the summer months. Sweet, but delicious! And Toffee sauce perfectly complements it.
Now I often cook it, not only on holidays. I especially like the fact that you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make it. And what is required is always in the refrigerator. Our family is very fond of taking guests.
This cake has already been cut out many times in such situations when you need to prepare a delicious and refined dessert quickly and with simple ingredients.
You can make this cake without the dates, but they’re the ingredient that gives the dessert its signature flavor and squidge.
I also want to note what else I like about this cake. This is the choice of forms in which it can be prepared. You can bake the date cakes in individual ramekins, muffin tins, or even mugs if you like.
It is very comfortable. And there is a feeling that you are preparing something new, but with an old pleasant taste. But that is not all.
Try to add an ice cream ball to this pudding in the summer – you will be delighted!
- 6 ounces dates pitted and finely chopped (about 8-10 Medjool dates)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (5.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (6.25 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (5.75 ounces) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 stick (4 ounces, 8 tablespoons) butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of coarse, kosher salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Additional heavy whipping cream for drizzling (optional)
- Heat the oven to 360 F. Prepare the oven dishes (ramekins) for baking, 12-15 cm in diameter, lubricate them with butter or cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the dates, baking soda, and vanilla. Pour enough boiling water over the dates to just cover them. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes. Then puree the date mixture in a food processor or blender.
- In separate bowl cream butter with the granulated sugar until light. Beat in the eggs and mix well to combine.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. Add date mixture and fold to combine.
- Pour batter into well-greased ramekins and bake for about 18 – 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until the center is just firm. When done, cakes will be firm to the touch and a toothpick or paring knife will come out clean.
- Let them cool down a little and remove them carefully from the molds when they are still warm.
- To make the sauce: bring sugar, cream, and butter to a boil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour the sauce over individual servings of warm cake
If you don't like such sweet desserts, the amount of sugar can be reduced by a third, or even two.
Don’t lose this recipe : Pin it .. To Remember it😋