I can honestly say that I found the recipe for the perfect breakfast. My daughter was squealing with delight when I put her a plate of dessert for breakfast. Fragrant apples in cinnamon sauce, oatmeal crisp, and a scoop of ice cream.
Mmm! Do you smell this? And put aside all doubts about whether such a dessert is a seasonal dish. Well, now we will wait six months to fall? Create a delicious coziness for your family today, they will certainly thank you.
How to make Apple Crisp from scratch:
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the baking dish. The size of the dish is at your discretion, but not less than 9 inches.
- Step 2. In a deep bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Step 3. Dice the butter and add it to the bowl. Grind the mass with a special pastry knife, fork, or just with your fingers. It should have a friable texture without lumps of butter. Put the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Step 4. Peel the apples and cut them into small slices, approximately 1 / 8-1 / 4 inch thick.
- Step 5. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, water, flour, sugar, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat with a whisk.
- Step 6. Pour the finished mixture over the apples, mix well to cover all apples.
- Step 7. Put the apples in a prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top with a mixture of oatmeal.
- Step 8. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 30-40 minutes. Or until the top is golden brown and the apple bubble at the edges.
- Step 9. Before serving, cool for about 10 minutes. Served with ice cream, chocolate or caramel topping, fresh berries, or nuts.
BAKING TIPS FOR Apple Crisp
- You can reduce the amount of brown and white sugar as desired.
- For a change, add chopped nuts to the apples
Why is my apple crisp watery?
Apples include pectin. During heat treatment, it collapses and the apples become watery. The low pH of sour apples reduces the amount of pectin. Thus, such apples keep their shape and do not become very soft. Choosing the right apples will prevent apple crisp from watery.
What are the best apples for apple crisp?
You are free to use any seasonal apples. But for an excellent taste and great result take a grade of granny smith or something like that.
The trick is that the apples are sufficiently tart, hard, juicy, and even sour. Do not worry, because in the filling and crust there will be enough sugar for sweetness. By the way, you can freely adjust its quantity to taste.
How do you know when Apple Crisp is done?
Apple Crisp takes about 30-40 minutes to cook. Watch out for the crust. The golden brown color of the crust and the apple bubble at the edges means it is ready.
How long does apple crisp last?
You can keep apple crisp at room temperature for 2-3 days. In the refrigerator, the shelf life is extended to one week. Do not forget to wrap the form with cling film or foil to protect it from airing.
How to store apple crisp?
After making apple crisp, let it cool. Wrap with cling film or foil and store at room temperature for three days. Or in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Can you freeze apple crisp?
Usually, this apple crisp does not have time to cool, as it has already been eaten. But, if such a tragedy happened and it was not eaten up – you can freeze it.
Wait for it to completely cool, then wrap it with cling film and foil and put it in the freezer. It can be stored for up to 3 months. Before use, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then preheat in the oven. By the way, you can freeze apple crisp even before baking.
More Apple Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Apple Pie Cupcakes
- Perfect Apple Pie Cookies
- Apple Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- Apple Fritter Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , cut into cubes
- 6 large apples (Granny Smith)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and oil the baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and salt. Combine with diced butter and grind until crisp texture. Put in the refrigerator.
- Peel apples and dice.
- Combine the melted butter, sugar, water, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat with a whisk, pour over apples and mix everything.
- Put the apples in a prepared dish, and sprinkle with a mixture of oatmeal on top. Bake it in the oven 30-40 minutes until golden. Cool before serving.
- Choose the size of the baking dish at your discretion, but not less than 9 inches. Just fill apples to the top as much as you like. In the baking process, they will still decrease.
- Use any oatmeal (instant oat flakes or old fashioned).
Leave a Reply