Best World Peace Cookies Recipe is delicious homemade cookies with a rich chocolate flavor! Such cookies will serve not only as a wonderful treat on the festive table but also as an excellent tasty gift for relatives and friends.
Everything in this recipe is perfect and the ingredients are readily available. Try to choose quality cocoa powder and butter. These two are extremely important.
I recommend using thermostable chocolate chips. And of course, such necessary little things – a pinch of salt and vanilla, they set the mood!
HOW TO MAKE DORIE GREENSPAN’S WORLD PEACE COOKIES?
- In a small bowl, combine the sifted flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat the softened butter with a mixer until creamy.
- Pour salt, vanilla, brown sugar, and granulated sugar into the butter. Beat with a mixer for about 2 minutes until fluffy and smooth.
- Add half of the flour mixture and stir. This can be done with a fork. Then add the remaining cocoa flour and stir again.
- Add chocolate chips, mix. I recommend using heat-stable chocolate chips, they keep their shape and do not spread over the baking sheet when baking.
- Place the dough on a countertop and divide it in two. From each half, mold a dough log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap each log in cling film and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325F and line two baking sheets with parchment. Slice the chocolate logs into 1/2 inch circles.
- Place cookies on parchment at least 1 inch apart and bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes. The edges will have time to bake during this time and the middle will remain slightly soft. Do not bake the cookies for too long, or they will spread over the baking sheet and become thin and dry. Cool for 5 minutes and remove from baking sheet.
IS IT BETTER TO FREEZE COOKIES OR DOUGH?
To be honest, I see no point in freezing ready-made world peace cookies. If you want to cook it for future use, stop at the stage of cooling two chocolate logs.
Just place them in the freezer and take them out when you’re ready to bake. You do not need to defrost for a long time, just wait until the dough thaws slightly for slicing. Cut into circles and bake for 10-12 minutes.
STORING WORLD PEACE COOKIES
Dorie Greenspan cookies are best stored in a box or container with a lid. The middle of the cookies is soft and it is important to keep it that way. Store at room temperature for up to 10 days. Or in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks.
- Flour and cocoa must be sieved so that there are no lumps and so that they are airier.
- I recommend using heat-stable chocolate chips, cause they keep their shape and do not spread over the baking sheet.
- Do not bake the cookies for too long, otherwise, they will spread over the baking sheet and become thin and dry. If the edges of the cookies are baked, and the middle is still soft, they are ready.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- BISQUICK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- I WANT TO MARRY YOU COOKIES
- LEMON CURD COOKIES
- SOFT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- SOFT ALMOND PILLOW COOKIES
BEST World Peace Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Combine the sifted flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk softened butter until creamy, add salt, vanilla, both types of sugar, and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Add half of the flour mixture and stir until smooth. Then add the rest and mix again.
- Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Place the dough on a countertop, halve it, and form two logs 1 1/2 "in diameter. Wrap each in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 3 hours.
- preheat oven to 325F, line two baking sheets with parchment. Slice the chocolate logs into 1/2 "slices and place on the parchment 1" apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then removes from baking sheet.