I remember growing up and coming home after school dying of hunger. The best days were when we had Sloppy Joes. There is nothing like homemade Sloppy Joes. Now that I’m a mom, I make this for my kids.
Neat Sloppy Joes
I know they will be happy coming home to this. Also, for me, they are real comfort food. The best thing is that this easy Sloppy Joe recipe comes together in no time.
Ingredients like condensed tomato soup, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce take all the work away from you.
They really give these a pop of flavor and the sauteed onion and celery make for a delicious crunchy bite. You won’t be disappointed and your kids will forever remember this delicious and favorite meal!
HOW TO MAKE SLOPPY JOES WITH TOMATO SOUP?
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Neat Sloppy Joes.
- Step 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef crumbling it as it cooks
- Step 2. Add chopped onions and chopped celery to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes until tender
- Step 3. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and cook until most liquid has evaporated stirring occasionally to prevent sticking on the bottom of the pan.
- Step 4. Divide the meat mixture equally onto the 8 hamburger buns.
CAN YOU PUT CHEESE ON NEAT SLOPPY JOES?
Oh my yes!! I would put a slice of American cheese on the bottom of the hamburger buns, and spoon the hot mixture on top to melt the cheese!
CAN YOU FREEZE NEAT SLOPPY JOES?
You can definitely freeze the prepared hamburger meat until ready to serve. Wait for the mixture to cool down, spoon it into a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
When ready to serve, thaw the meat, heat it up in a skillet, and serve in hamburger buns.
- After cooking the ground beef, drain excess fat if any, for a lighter meal
- Add a splash of hot sauce for a more grown-up flavor
- Sometimes I add chopped olives for extra flavor
- If you like a cheesy mix, add shredded cheese to the meat mixture, or add a slice of cheese to the bun.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- CHEESEBURGER MEATLOAF (KETO / LOW CARB)
- AMISH COUNTRY POOR MAN’S HAMBURGER STEAKS
- CHEESY HAMBURGER CASSEROLE
Easy Sloppy Joes Recipe ( with Tomato Soup)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef crumbling it as it cook
- Add chopped onions and chopped celery to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes until tender
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and cook until most liquid has evaporated stirring occasionally to prevent sticking on the bottom of the pan.
- Divide the meat mixture equally onto the 8 hamburger buns.