My mom often cooks meat rolls and I want to share one of her signature recipes with you. This is the Turkey Meatloaf Recipe.
What is meatloaf in general?
In fact, this is a huge meat cutlet, the preparation of which will take you not so much time. And the result is obvious! You just have to cut the meatloaf into pieces and serve. The benefits of turkey include the fact that this meat is considered dietary and not fatty. Try to prepare this recipe, taking into account the tips and notes that I will write a little lower. And the result will certainly please you.
How to cook the Turkey Meatloaf Recipe?
In a deep bowl, mix the minced turkey, half a cup of ketchup, egg, chopped onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, spices, and salt. Mix everything with a spoon, preferably even with your hands. Put the mixture in the prepared bread pan and press it with your hands so that the forcemeat evenly fills it. Then mix the remaining half a cup of ketchup with mustard and a spoonful of Worcestershire. Distribute the finished sauce over the meatloaf and bake it.
How to store and freeze Turkey Meatloaf?
Fold the finished roll in a container with a sealed lid and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To freeze, wrap the roll with cling film or hide in a bag for freezing and store it in the freezer for about 4 months. Defrost gradually on the eve of serving. First, put the meatloaf in the refrigerator for the night, then heat it whole in the oven. Or cut into pieces and heat in a pan, adding a little oil.
How to cook Turkey Meatloaf Recipe faster?
If you want to cook meatloaf faster than in an hour, divide the prepared meat into 3-4 small forms. Bake them no more than 40 minutes. For even faster results, put the minced meat in muffin tins and bake for about 25 minutes.
What to serve with Turkey Meatloaf Recipe?
- There are several options for serving meatloaf. Choose what you like best.
- Mashed potatoes;
- vegetable salad;
- Baked vegetables in the oven or on the grill;
- Noodles or pasta seasoned with olive oil;
- Cut the meatloaf into pieces and make sandwiches, laying it on a bun.
TIPS TO MAKE TURKEY MEATLOAF RECIPE
- Increase the amount of minced meat with cheaper products. Add one potato and small carrots to it, after chopping them in a blender. Vegetables will add softness and juiciness to your dish.
- Replace the glaze ketchup with barbecue sauce to give a smoky flavor.
What temperature does turkey meatloaf need to be cooked to?
Bake meatloaf at a temperature of 375 degrees. Use a culinary thermometer, if you have. The temperature inside the roll should reach 160 degrees.
Why does my meatloaf fall apart?
This means that the meatloaf is not enough binders. To prevent meatloaf from falling apart, add eggs and breadcrumbs to the minced meat, as they bind the meat. Another reason is that the roll has been cooking for too long.
What makes meatloaf moist?
To keep the meatloaf moist, add tomato sauce to the minced meat. You can also add milk. It impregnates bread crumbs that add the necessary moisture. Milk can be replaced with unsalted broth, water or milk replacer.
Do you cook meatloaf covered or uncovered?
I cook meatloaf uncovered. But it can also be covered with foil and cooked closed for about 50 minutes. And in the last 10 minutes, remove the foil and continue to bake until golden brown.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY MEATLOAF
The Best Turkey Meatloaf We Have Ever Made
- 20 oz ground turkey
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tsp Worcestershire, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp onion flakes
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tsp mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine in a deep bowl the turkey minced meat, egg, bread crumbs, half a cup of ketchup, chopped onion and garlic, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed.
- Sprinkle a baking dish with a culinary spray and put the finished mixture into it. Press a little with your hands so that the stuffing fills the whole form.
- Combine the remaining ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Spread evenly over the meatloaf surface.
- Bake in the oven for one hour, then remove and serve.
- Do not overdo the meat. Stir the minced meat until mixed, otherwise the meatloaf will turn out to be too dense.
- first add half the breadcrumbs. Dry bread crumbs should balance the humidity of the turkey. Thus, adjust the amount of breadcrumbs as you feel.
- Breadcrumbs can be replace with ground oatmeal or rice flour. Then your meatloaf will be gluten free.