This pumpkin gingerbread is just amazing! So fluffy, with the right amount of spices and a caramelized crust. It is really simple to prepare and does not require a blender or stand mixer.
A quick and versatile recipe, you can use the same batter to bake muffins and other shapes. Also, the recipe is for 2 loaves, so if you just want one, simply halve the ingredients, cooking time and preparation will remain the same.
How to make Pumpkin Gingerbread
Pumpkin gingerbread is very simple to make and is incredibly tasty.
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Step 2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add in water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
- Step 3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder (sift them). Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and carefully blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between greased pans.
- Step 4. Bake in the preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT Pumpkin Gingerbread
- You can use the same batter to bake muffins and other shapes.
- You can add more spices like nutmeg and cardamom if desired.
- Remember to sift the dry ingredients to make the batter smooth and homogeneous.
What to serve with pumpkin gingerbread?
Endless possibilities! Pumpkin gingerbread is a great breakfast option, as well as brunch or snack. Serve it with coffees, teas, hot chocolate, and cold beverages. You can top it with jams, nut butter, nut spreads, or even honey. For the adventurous, a scoop of vanilla ice cream goes perfectly.
Can you freeze pumpkin gingerbread?
Yes, you can! Of course, the texture will change a bit but there is no problem in freezing it. Just keep an eye at how long you will freeze it for, it is preferable to store for short time periods to prevent possible food safety issues.
How to store pumpkin gingerbread?
It lasts for about 3 days fresh. It is better to keep it covered or in a container inside the fridge. As the batter has more water than regular baked goods, it requires extra care when storing.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Pumpkin Gingerbread Recipe
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs eggs
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease two loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add in water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder (sift them). Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and carefully blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between greased pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Can we use self rising flour?
Yes! you can substitute all-purpose flour for self-rising flour in equal proportions. In this case, baking soda and baking powder should be excluded from the recipe.