Peanut butter no-bake oatmeal cookies are the best dessert solution. Cooking will not take you much time, and all the ingredients are readily available and can be at your fingertips right now. Soft, nutty, with a subtle vanilla aroma – the taste of childhood, not otherwise! For more cookies, check out our Soft Almond Pillow Cookies & Soft And Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
INGREDIENTS IN NO-BAKE COOKIES;
- Granulated sugar and packed brown sugar – I prefer using two types of sugar in this recipe, but if you don’t have the option, use 1 3/4 cup of one.
- It is advisable to take butter of high quality and with a high percentage of fat.
- Milk – be sure to use pasteurized milk so that the regular does not curdle during the boiling process.
- Peanut butter is the base of our cookies, so be free to choose your favorite brand.
- Vanilla adds a special flavor to our cookies, and a pinch of salt perfectly sets off all the sweetness. Old-fashioned oats or instant oatmeal – here you are also free to choose. I like the old-fashioned ones because they give the cookie a special texture, and instant oatmeal will make your cookie softer.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
- Cover a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment. Prepare all ingredients by measuring the required amount.
- Combine both sugar, butter, and milk in a medium saucepan. Put on medium heat, melt, stirring occasionally, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add peanut butter, vanilla, salt and stir quickly until smooth.
- Then add the old-fashioned oatmeal and stir again thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared parchment or silicone mat with a tablespoon. Let the cookies sit for at least 45 minutes.
CAN YOU FREEZE PEANUT BUTTER NO-BAKE COOKIES?
Yes, peanut butter no-bake oatmeal cookies are great for freezing. To do this, you need to wait until the cookies are completely set, then put them in a large container with an airtight lid and put them in the freezer.
Let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature before use.
SUCCESS TIPS FOR NO-BAKE COOKIES;
- The most important rule in a no-bake cookie recipe with peanut butter is boiling! In the first step, you should bring the mixture to a boil and start timing only when the entire surface begins to bubble.
- If you are not very fond of cookies with old-fashioned oats, try replacing them with instant oatmeal.
- You can also put the mixture for a short time in the microwave. This will make them even softer.
- If the brown sugar cookie mix is hot and spreads over the parchment, let it cool slightly. Then continue spreading onto a baking sheet to form a cookie.
For more peanut butter cookies, be sure to try:
Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
- Combine both sugar, milk, and butter in a saucepan, melt over medium heat, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove mixture from heat, add peanut butter, vanilla and salt. Stir until smooth, then add oatmeal and stir again.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared parchment or silicone mat with a tablespoon and let sit for 45 minutes.