There is something incredibly calming in all the seasonal details and traditions. When you need to choose infinitely much in life, it’s nice just to follow nature.
Breakfast with ripe fruits and berries, and dinner prepared with seasonal vegetables. Annually, everything is repeated, but all that gives the most inspiration and scope for new ideas.
On hot summer days, it is especially pleasant to open the window, pour mint lemonade into glasses and arrange gatherings with your bestie to the bewitching sounds of radio jazz. You can even make dessert together. It is lemon cream cheese bars that are the traditional recipe for such moments.
How to make lemon cream cheese bars?
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Put cream cheese and sugar in a mixer bowl, whisk.
- Step 2. Grate the zest of two lemons, squeeze the juice. In a small bowl, combine the zest of 1.5 lemons and juice of 2 lemons.
- Step 3. Add zest and juice to the cream cheese and whisk again.
- Step 4. Foil a 13 * 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle or oil. Layout one sheet of dough lining the bottom of the baking dish.
- Step 5. Put the cream cheese filling, spread with a spatula.
- Step 6. Cover with a second sheet of dough.
- Step 7. In a small bowl, mix the remaining lemon zest, melted butter and sugar, mix and top the cake.
- Step 8. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Step 9. Remove the cake from the baking dish by lifting it over the edges of the foil. Cut lemon bars into slices and serve.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
1. If desired, lemon can be replaced with lime or orange.
2. If you are worried that the filling is too liquid or want to make it denser, add a spoonful of corn starch.
Do lemon cream cheese bars need to be refrigerated?
After baking, let the cake cool completely, then put it in the refrigerator. This is necessary for the filling of the cream cheese in order to condense and become denser.
This will help while cutting the pieces they will keep their shape. After cooling in the refrigerator, remove the cake by pulling it out over the free edges of the foil. Cut into bars and serve.
Can you freeze lemon cream cheese bars?
You can easily freeze lemon bars in two steps.
Firstly, after you cover the filling with the second layer of dough, coat the baking dish with foil or cling film and put it in the freezer. Before cooking, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator, grease with fresh glaze from butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Then bake according to the instructions.
Secondly, you can freeze the cake after baking. Wait until it has completely cooled, wrap it in foil and put it in the freezer. Before serving, defrost in the refrigerator, then preheat in the oven or microwave, or use it cold.
How to store lemon cream cheese bars?
It is better to store lemon bars in the refrigerator. Be sure to cover them with foil, cling film, or store in a container with a lid. Bars are stored in the refrigerator for approximately 4 days.
OTHER LEMON RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- MINI LEMON DROP CAKES
- CREAMY LEMON SQUARES
- LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
- A LEMON CAKE TO DIE FOR!
- LEMON POUND CAKE
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough, divided
- 2 eaches lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- Whip the cream cheese with sugar, add the zest of 1.5 lemons and juice of 2 lemons, and whip again.
- Foil the baking dish 13 * 9, spray with oil, put one sheet of dough. Put the cream cheese filling and cover with a second sheet of dough.
- Mix the remaining zest with melted butter and sugar, grease the cake on top, and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F until golden brown.
- Cool, refrigerate for at least an hour. Remove the cake from the baking dish by pulling the edges of the foil, cut into portioned slices, and serve.
- If you use a homemade crescent roll dough, you should pierce the top layer with a fork over the entire surface so that the dough does not swell when baking.
- After baking, cool the cake completely and put it in the refrigerator. Thanks to this, the filling is condensed and you can easily cut it into bars.
Leave a Reply