This Instant pot chicken and noodles with cream of chicken soup are definitely one of those recipes where you do almost nothing and get a whole lot back. Creamy sauce, delicate texture from the noodles, perfectly cooked chicken, and delicious flavor.
Instant Pot Chicken And Noodles
Comfort food at its best that you can have on the dinner table in thirty minutes. This is a kid’s favorite, but great enough to satisfy any adult looking for a wholesome and delicious meal.
The use of frozen fresh pasta is what sets this dish apart from other noodle recipes. The texture of fresh, not dry, pasta is amazing.
All you really need are five basic ingredients to make this Pioneer Woman chicken and noodles in the pressure cooker, go ahead and give it a try!
CHICKEN AND NOODLE INGREDIENTS
- Skinless and boneless chicken breasts: one pound of chicken breasts that will be shredded, so please for your convenience, don’t use bone-in chicken breasts.
- Chicken broth: we will need two cans of chicken broth. You can substitute for chicken stock, but broth has a bit more flavor because it is made by cooking down chicken meat and bone, and since we are not using bone-in breasts, broth I think gives it that bone flavor missing in the meat.
- Cream of chicken soup: this is where most of the flavor for the dish comes from, so use a good quality cream of chicken soup.
- Butter: one stick of butter helps the noodles not to stick to one another once the dish is cooked through. If you want to make a low-fat version of the dish, you can definitely skip it, but serve the dish immediately after finishing cooking it.
- Frozen egg noodles: this recipe calls for fresh noodles. Not dry egg noodles. Please do not use dry noodles. They will not cook properly and the fresh ones are way better. If you don’t find frozen, you can definitely use the refrigerated ones.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND NOODLES?
1. These are the layers you must build:
- First: put the chicken at the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Second: chicken broth
2. Now add the butter and cream of chicken soup. Do not stir
3. Place the lid on and set the poultry setting for 15 minutes
4. Let the pressure release naturally, take out the chicken and shred it
5. Put the chicken back on the pot and add the frozen noodles. Stir put the lid back on and set it to Soup setting for 5 minutes.
6. Quick release the pressure slowly to avoid any spray.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN AND NOODLES?
Steamed veggies served with a bit of butter, or a side salad is what I serve with this meal. It really is a very hearty dish that only needs a bit of green to be a complete meal.
FREEZE CHICKEN AND NOODLES;
If you used the butter in the recipe, you can freeze it in a freezer bag or sealed container for up to three months.
I wouldn’t recommend freezing if you didn’t use the butter, because the noodle sauce is a bit thick and the noodles can stick together and become a mass when reheated.
- Serve this meal while it is still hot. The sauce tends to get thicker as it cools down.
- Add a little chopped parsley and cracked pepper for added taste when serving. It really improves presentation also.
- This meal comes together really quickly, so have everything else you are serving, ready before starting to cook it.
- You can add a few chopped veggies like red bell pepper and chopped onion for added flavor. Crumbled cooked bacon would add flavor too. Use your imagination!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- HOMEMADE CHICKEN PARMESAN
- CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUIT CRUST
- CRACKER BARREL CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE
Chicken and Noodles (Instant Pot)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 lb chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
- 1 package frozen egg noodles (24 oz) (Rheams?)
- These are the layers you must build:- First: put the chicken at the bottom of the Instant Pot- Second: chicken broth
- Now add the butter and cream of chicken soup. Do not stir
- Place the lid on and set the poultry setting for 15 minutes
- Let the pressure release naturally, take out the chicken and shred it
- Put the chicken back on the pot and add the frozen noodles. Stir, put the lid back on, and set it to Soup setting for 5 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure slowly to avoid any spray.