Scroll to Bottom for Printable Recipe Card.
Amish macaroni salad is a bright and aromatic salad with a sweetish creamy dressing. It contains simple and affordable ingredients – hard-boiled eggs, crispy fresh bell pepper, celery, and of course salad macaroni.
The salad dressing deserves special attention. Mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, dill pickle relish, vinegar, celery seed, and paprika (I prefer smoked!).
Have you already imagined this multifaceted taste? In my opinion, this salad is a great solution for a quick dinner and a delicious picnic.
HOW LONG DOES SWEET AMISH MACARONI SALAD LAST?
The shelf life of Amish macaroni salad with vinegar and celery seed is about 3-5 days. Store it in a container with an airtight lid in the refrigerator.
HOW TO MAKE AMISH MACARONI SALAD
- Step 1. Boil macaroni until cooked according to package directions. Drain and cool.
While the pasta is cooking, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Step 2. Combine cooked macaroni with diced celery, sweet pepper, eggs, finely chopped onion, and stir.
- Step 3. Add salad dressing and mix well. Do not worry that there is too much dressing, the pasta will absorb some of it. If you don’t like too creamy salad, add 1/2 or 3/4 of the dressing to your taste.
- You can try other types of pasta suitable for salads.
- Use 1/2-3/4 dressing if you don’t like too creamy salad.
- If you do not like too sweet salad, reduce the amount of sugar in half.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Sweet Amish Macaroni Salad
Amish macaroni salad is a bright and aromatic salad with a sweetish creamy dressing.Print Save Rate
- 1 lb salad macaroni
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and diced small (red or orange)
- 2 cups light mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- paprika (to garnish)
Pin This Recipe
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions, drain the water.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and stir.
- Combine pasta, diced pepper, celery, onion, and eggs. Pour in the dressing (adjust the amount to your liking) and stir. It is advisable to cool it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
I just made this macaroni salad it is delicious, One of my Favorite salads!!! The only change I made added sweet relish and bread and butter pickles chopped finally. Thank you for this recipe will definitely will make again!!!
My family loves this recipe, thanks for sharing