Once I ran in to visit my friend Mary. At that time, she was just preparing a peach dessert. When she took out the finished dish from the oven, her husband entered the kitchen.
With a skeptical look over Mary’s culinary creation, he said: “What kind of mess is this? Is there anything more appetizing?”
Naturally, Mary was upset; she wanted to throw everything in the trash! I felt so sorry for her, it was urgent to rectify the situation. In the kitchen cabinet, I found several beautiful creamers, and in the freezer the remains of the vanilla ice cream.
Gently laying the peach crisp in a glass creamer bowl, I decorated it with a ball of ice cream on top. Noticing the mint bush growing on the windowsill, I plucked a couple of leaves and also added to the dessert.
A few minutes later it was very funny to watch her husband asking Mary for an addition. And he didn’t call this dessert a mess anymore)
Of course, I wrote down the recipe, and at home, I repeated exactly everything, including serving.
You ask, why am I telling all this?
I lead to the fact that first we “eat” with our eyes. The right visual attitude even increases your appetite. So do not be lazy to spend a little more time for a beautiful serving and, above all, feed your eyes.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH CRISP RECIPE
Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best Homemade Fresh Peach Crisp Recipe.
- Step 1. Peel the peaches, remove the stone, cut into slices.
- Step 2. Pour apple and lemon juice over the peaches.
- Step 3. In a small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Step 4. Sprinkle peaches with flour mixture and mix.
- Step 5. In a deep bowl, combine butter, flour, white and brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mash the mixture with a special knife, fork, or rub with your fingers until loose.
- Step 6. Preheat the oven to 375 F, spray oil on a baking dish. Spread the peaches with the sauce and spread evenly.
- Step 7. Sprinkle butter crumbs on top. Put in the oven and bake 40 minutes until golden.
- Step 8. Cool to cut portioned slices or spread hot with a spoon.
How to make peach crisp with frozen peaches?
To make a peach crisp of frozen peaches, it takes a little more time. First, defrost peaches in the refrigerator overnight.
Then put the peaches in a sieve and allow time to remove excess liquid.
For best results, blot the peaches with paper towels. Do not neglect the lengthy defrosting process, otherwise, your peaches run the risk of becoming mashed.
Do you peel peaches for peach crisp?
I recommend peeling peaches. In the process of baking, in any case, it exfoliates from the pulp and you get pieces of a dense film. This will spoil the appearance of the dish. But this is only my personal opinion, so you can try different options.
Do peaches need to be peeled for peach crisp?
The peel of different peaches behaves differently during heat treatment. Some peel softens perfectly during baking and does not cause any inconvenience.
Another denser peel exfoliates off the peach and feels like a dense film. I prefer not to take risks, spend some time cleaning, and enjoy the perfect look of my peach crisp.
How long does peach crisp last?
Store your peach crisp in the refrigerator for about three days. Be sure to cover it with cling film, foil or put it in an airtight container.
This is to ensure that peach crisp does not absorb odors from the refrigerator and that it does not dry out. Before serving, it is advisable to warm the dish.
Why is my peach crisp runny?
Most likely this was due to too soft and juicy peaches. Try using slightly hard, perhaps even immature peaches for this recipe. So you get a good texture and the peaches themselves will keep the appearance of slices.
If you have no such choice, add corn starch to the filling before baking. It will thicken the juices in the baking process and crisp will not be runny.
- For this recipe, I prefer to use hard, slightly unripe peaches. They are easy to clean and slice. Also, they keep the shape of the slices after baking and do not turn into porridge.
- If your peaches are very juicy, add a spoonful of corn starch to the filling. This will help to thicken the juices when baking.
- Do not use canned peaches! Firstly, they are very sweet and the dish will turn sugary. Secondly, during the baking process, they soften too much, do not hold their shape, and turn into puree.
- Serve Peach Crisp with Ice Cream.
Can you freeze peach crisp?
You can freeze raw peach crisp. Put the filling into the baking dish and cover with the topping.
Then wrap everything tightly with cling film or foil and put it in the freezer. Peach crisp is perfectly stored in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Defrost crisp overnight in the refrigerator, then bake in the oven. Some chefs recommend baking frozen crisp without first defrosting.
In this case, put the baking dish in a cold oven so that it gradually heats up with the oven. The glass baking dish may burst due to sudden temperature changes. And the non-stick coating will go bad.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- A Lemon Cake To Die For!
- Keto French Silk Pie
- Easy Baked Burrito Casserole Recipe
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Vanilla Mug Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Casserole
Homemade Fresh Peach Crisp Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp butter chilled and cut into small pieces (I use unsalted butter)
- 7 peaches skinned, pitted, and cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray or butter
- Peel and slice peaches. Pour in apple and lemon juice. Add flour, cinnamon, sugar, and mix
- Combine butter, white and brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and mash everything until loose.
- Preheat the oven to 375F, spray oil on a baking dish. Put the peaches with sauce, sprinkle the butter crumbs on top. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
- Peel the hard peaches with a knife. If peaches are ripe and soft, blanch them. To do this, dip them in boiling water for 5-10 seconds, then remove with a spoon and put in ice water. Now the peel can be easily removed.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Adjust the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness degree of peaches.
- This amount of topping only slightly covers peaches. Double the amount of all topping ingredients if you want crisper.