This Mississippi mud cheesy potatoes is so simple to make and will be a great addition to any main course you’ll be making. They are loaded with potatoes, lots of cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, and a secret ingredient that really makes this dish come together.
Do you like potatoes? But sometimes tired of eating them as they always taste the same? They don’t have to!
There are so many ways you can mix and spice things up while cooking potatoes and serving them as a side dish or even main course for your dinner.
For example, you can add some cheese, green onions and lots of bacon and everyone will be coming for extra portions! I think it must be due to the bacon. Bacon makes everything better, right?
This Mississippi mud cheesy potatoes recipe doesn’t require any special type of potatoes but to make things easy, choose bigger and younger ones or russet potatoes will also work great in here.
If you’re comfortable enough and have good quality potatoes, then feel free to leave the skins on and simply wash and dice your potatoes into cubes before baking.
HOW TO MAKE MISSISSIPPI MUD CHEESY POTATOES?
- Step 1. In a 9×13 pan casserole dish, mix potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions, and then the secret ingredient, garlic salt.
- Step 2. Stir in mayonnaise.
- Step 3. Bake at 325 F for an hour and a half and until the top becomes golden brown. Top with additional cheese if desired. Enjoy!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MISSISSIPPI MUD CHEESY POTATOES?
Mississippi mud cheesy potatoes are good on their own but will be a great addition to a grilled steak, healthy green salad, poultry, or burgers.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT CHEESY MISSISSIPPI MUD POTATOES
- For extra nutrition leave the potatoes unpeeled
- When adding mayo, stir and coat well so all the potatoes are covered evenly in the sauce.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES
- HAMBURGER CASSEROLE
- CHEESY TACO POCKETS
- INSTANT POT SCALLOPED POTATOES
- WHERE’S THE CRUST PIZZA
Cheesy Mississippi Mud Potatoes
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (1 lb) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- In a 9x13 pan casserole dish, mix potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions, and then the secret ingredient, garlic salt.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Bake at 325 F for an hour and a half and until the top becomes golden brown. Top with additional cheese if desired. Enjoy!