If you are looking forward to baking something differently sweet for your family then try out this Super Moist Texas Tornado Cake recipe; we assure you that you will be rocking it!
It is a ridiculously easy and super moist cake you can confidently bake for your unexpected guests and indulge their taste buds; especially if they are coconut lovers; they will even advise you to set up your own bakery.
Don’t steal a glance at the ingredients; they are all at hand so there is no need to rush out of your home to the nearest market you better go to your kitchen and follow the steps and tips below to leave your guests in awe!
- Some people confuse between evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk, so make sure you are not using sweetened condensed milk. In this recipe you can use only evaporated milk, whipping cream or half-and-half and no sweetened condensed milk in both the cake and the boiled coconut icing.
- Make sure to pour the boiled coconut icing on the cake while they are both hot. Also, be patient and don’t cut the cake into squares until it is completely cool to give it enough time to moister.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour bleached flour toughens baked goods
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
- 2 cups fruit cocktail with syrup 16-oz. can (Do not drain)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
BOILED COCONUT ICING:
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or half and half
Texas Tornado Cake Instructions:
- 1- In a large bowl mix eggs, regular sugar, canned fruit cocktail (use also their juice and syrup) then add baking soda as well as unbleached all-purpose flour. If you use bleached flour it will give your goods a softer texture which is not ideal for this recipe.
- 2- Use a wooden spoon to mix these ingredients until they are well-combined.
- 3- Take a 9x13 pan or glass baking dish which is already sprayed with cooking spray and pour the batter into it.
- 4- In another bowl mix your brown sugar and your chopped nuts and stir them to combine.
- 5- Now sprinkle the mixture of brown sugar and chopped nut over the cake batter.
- 6- Time to bake! Bake your cake batter at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes. Then remove it from the oven when it is done.
Boiled Coconut Icing:
- 1-In the meanwhile, start preparing the boiled coconut icing as it should be ready when the cake is done. Put a medium-sized saucepan and over medium heat and put the butter in it to melt. Add your half-and-half cream, evaporated milk or whipping cream. Use the thicker consistency milk.
- 2- Add coconut to the mixture then brown sugar and stir all the ingredients to combine then boil them for about 2 minutes. Remove the icing from heat once it boils then pour it immediately on the cake which is also warm.
- 3- When you pour the boiled coconut icing over the cake let it cool completely then you can cut it. Your Texas Tornado cake is now done you can fall in love with its scrumptious taste.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT 😋