Side dishes are as important as the main courses for many people; especially in special occasions like Thanksgiving. Dear passionate cook, if you have already decided about the main course for this occasion and you are still looking for that terrific side dish to make your Thanksgiving table unique then stop here, please!
We have a sweet corn bread recipe that will cheer up everyone around you whatever is the occasion. Its crunchy crisp edges, not crumbly but moist nature as well as its pleasant corn flavor, will urge you to consider it your forever favorite side dish.
This exquisite corn bread recipe is amazing for many reasons. It is the easiest and sweetest corn bread recipe to make which needs simple and affordable ingredients. Above that all, if you follow the steps and directions below you will cook something that is moist and soft in the inside and crisp on the outside.
Corn Bread tips:
- To avoid over-mixing avoid using an electric mixer. Use only your hands to mix and combine the ingredients of the recipe.
- It is better to serve and eat the corn bread on the day it is baked; it is not really well when stored. However, if you want to store what is left after serving, wrap it in plastic and aluminium foil before refrigerating.
- If you want to sweeten your baked corn bread more than it is already sweet, use honey when it is baked on top.
- Some people use white cornmeal and that doesn’t give the same result as golden yellow cornmeal. So make sure to use only yellow cornmeal in this recipe unless you are obliged to use it the white one.
- it is better to use a baking pan to bake this outstanding cornbread than a skillet because this later won’t give the same crispy edges as a pan can do.
- 4 eggs yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter, melted I use salted}
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1- Before making your batter do please preheat your oven to 350 degrees as a first step.
- 2- Mix and stir egg yolks, vanilla, milk and melted butter in a medium-size bowl.
- 3- Add to the mixture you already made your cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt then stir the ingredients until they are completely blended and combined. Be sure not to over-mix the batter because over-mixing the batter will result in a dense texture.
- 4- Now, take another bowl in which you can beat the egg whites you have, stop beating when it forms peaks. Then fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- 5- In a greased 9X13 inch pan pour your batter and bake it for about 25 to 30 minutes. You can also do a toothpick test by inserting it in the cake and if it comes out clean then your cake is done you can enjoy it!