The best end to any meal is an excellent dessert; especially if it is a super easy, delicious and no-bake dessert like the one we have for you today! You don’t have to be an expert in cooking to prepare this impressive chocolate peanut butter pie, you only have to be in love with desserts and read our recipe to make something which will blow everyone away.
You are not a chocolate fan? Wait don’t quit! Chocolate is not a must in this recipe you can omit it and stop in the second step to make a peanut butter pie.
Don’t hesitate for a minute to try out this outstanding recipe. You won’t need more than 6 simple and sweet ingredients to receive those nice and beautiful compliments from your family or friends.
- Instead of using a pie pan, you can make this peanut butter pie in an 8×8 baking dish but don’t forget to line it with foil. A baking dish would be better and easier for serving if you intend to prepare this peanut pie for a party.
- To easily press the crust into the sides and bottom of the pie pan use a glass.
- In case you don’t have or you don’t like chocolate for one or another reason you can stop in the second step and have a sweet peanut butter pie. But if you want a chocolate peanut pie then continue to the last step.
- Always use a warm and dry knife to slice your pie after it is ready.
- For storing, the leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 4 days.
- 1 (14.3 oz) package whole Oreos (about 36 Oreos)
- 1 cup (16 tablespoons) butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1- In a blender, food processor or plastic bag crush the Oreos you have very well. Now, add to the crumbs you got after crushing 8 tablespoons of melted butter and stir the two until they become well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom as well as the sides of your pie pan. This crust should be frozen for about 10 minutes.
- 2- In a separated bowl or a stand mixer bowl beat the other 8 tablespoons of melted butter plus 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter and 1 cup of powdered sugar at low speed until you get a creamy and smooth mixture. Pour the peanut butter you just made over the crust making a smooth layer. Then take the pie pan back to the freezer.
- 3- In a glass or heat-proof bowl place both the chocolate chips and the 2 tablespoons of peanut butter you still have. Then in a saucepan and over medium-high heat bring heavy whipping cream to a rolling simmer. Pour the cream you just simmered over the chocolate chips and peanut butter give it a while to sit (about 5 minutes) then whip quickly until it turns completely smooth. Spoon the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer. Cover and refrigerate your Chocolate peanut butter pie for at least 1 hour until it is ready to be served.