Amazing and delicious bundles of cheesy garlicky dough that melt in your mouth. This is how I describe these cheese and garlic biscuits with Bisquick. Sharp cheddar cheese gives them a strong flavor while buttermilk makes them tender.
You’re not going to be able to stop at one, you’ll want to eat all of these cheddar garlic biscuits. Brushing them with melted butter, aromatic garlic, and ranch dressing makes them irresistible.
The best part is, they come together in no time. All you have to do is mix, and bake for 8 minutes. In less than 20 minutes, your heart will be happy and your family will love you, even more, thanks to these amazing biscuits with cheese!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED;
- Bisquick biscuit mix: you can use any biscuit baking mix, but I like Bisquick the most
- Sharp Cheddar cheese: I find that sharp Cheddar is tastier than mild Cheddar, but you can use your favorite. I recommend you buy a block and shred it yourself. Shredded cheese may contain flour or other ingredients that prevent it from sticking.
- Garlic powder: biscuits are too delicate for chopped fresh garlic. I prefer to use garlic powder.
- Ranch salad dressing mix: this gives it a whole other dimension of flavor, but if you don’t have any at hand, it’s ok to omit it.
- Buttermilk: makes them very tender and delicious. You can make your own if you don’t have any at home. Just mix one cup of milk with 1 tbsp of white vinegar and let it sit for 10 mins
- Butter: use unsalted butter. We have enough salt with the ranch dressing mix.
- Chives: these not only give it a great flavor, but they also look great on top of the baked biscuits.
HOW DO YOU MAKE GARLIC CHEESE BISCUITS FROM SCRATCH?
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 450F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine Bisquick biscuit mix, shredded Cheddar, garlic powder, and ranch salad mix. Add the buttermilk and mix just until everything is combined and moistened. Do not overmix.
- Step 2. Depending on the size of biscuits you want, drop by tablespoons ( I used two tablespoons per biscuit), into a greased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Step 3. While the biscuits are baking, make the butter topping. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, chopped chives, garlic powder, ranch dressing mix, and cracked pepper
- Step 4. Remove biscuits from the oven and brush with butter mixture
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH CHEDDAR GARLIC BISCUITS?
What could be better than biscuits and gravy right? I serve this biscuit with sausage gravy. But my family loves them so much, they just warm them up and eat them with fruit jam or butter.
STORAGE AND FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
You can store your biscuits in a sealed container and leave them on the countertop for a couple of days.
If you’re going to keep them longer, store them in the fridge in the same sealed container for up to a week, or put them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to four months.
TIPS FOR CHEESY GARLIC BISCUITS
- I can’t stress this more: do not overmix your batter/dough. Just mix it enough to moisten all ingredients and they are well combined.
- Shred your own cheese. This really makes a difference in the quality of cheese you will get. You don’t want fillers or extras.
- Don’t worry about the shape. Just drop mounds of dough into the baking sheet. They look perfect just like that.
- Serve them while hot. They taste great just out of the oven. Spoon gravy all over them and enjoy!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
Cheese & Garlic Biscuits
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F. In a medium sized bowl, combine Bisquick biscuit mix, shredded Cheddar, garlic powder and ranch salad mix. Add the buttermilk and mix just until everything is combined and moistened. Do not overmix.
- Depending on the size of biscuits you want, drop by tablespoons ( I used two tablespoons per biscuit), into a greased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, make the butter topping. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, chopped chives, garlic powder, ranch dressing mix, and cracked pepper
- Remove biscuits from the oven and brush with butter mixture
Leave a Reply