Whenever I think of beef recipes in a crockpot, I imagine soups or stews. Slow cooking generally makes for very juicy meals. It also makes for very tender meat, and this is no exception.
This crockpot beef and broccoli recipe is super tender and not at all soggy or too “juicy”. The addition of a cornstarch slurry makes a thick and delicious sauce that is full of flavor.
Grab a bowl, add some rice and spoon this delicious beef and broccoli on top and you will have one of the best meals ever, without any effort.
That’s the beauty of the crockpot, it cooks everything for you. All you have to do is add your ingredients to the pot and voila, a delicious homemade meal made as if by magic!
HOW TO MAKE BEEF AND BROCCOLI IN THE CROCKPOT
Follow the simple recipe below to make this delicious Crockpot Beef And Broccoli from scratch.
- Step 1. Slice the beef chuck into thin slices
- Step 2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the brown sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, and beef consomme
- Step 3. Add the sliced meat and consomme mixture to the crockpot, cook on low for 6 hrs or on high for 4 hrs.
- Step 4. 30 mins before cooking time is over, take out some sauce from the crockpot, let it cool for a few minutes, mix it with the cornstarch and add again to the pot again to thicken the sauce. Also, add your broccoli florets at this time. Serve over rice
CAN YOU FREEZE CROCKPOT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
Yes, you can. Make your recipe all the way through, let it cool, and store in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CROCKPOT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
I think rice is the only thing you need to make this a complete and delicious meal.
Make a fresh batch of hot steaming rice just before your meat is done cooking and use it as a base under your meat and broccoli so that it soaks up all the delicious sauce. White rice works best for me, but you can use your favorite one.
BAKING TIPS FOR CROCKPOT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- When adding the cornstarch slurry, wait for the sauce to cool down a bit or the cornstarch mixture can become lumpy
- If you want the broccoli to have a vibrant green color, you can cook it separately and just add it to your bowl when serving. Adding it to the crockpot can make it tune down its color and you could overcook it.
- Sprinkle a bit of sesame seeds on top before serving for an added special touch
- For a healthier version of this dish, use reduced-sodium soy sauce
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- AMAZING SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND GRAVY
- SLOW COOKER POOR MAN’S STEW
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- SLOW COOKER BEEF AND POTATO AU GRATIN
- SLOW COOKER HAMBURGER HASH
- THE ULTIMATE SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
Easy Crock-Pot Beef & Broccoli Recipe
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consomme or broth
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cooked sauce from the crockpot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets, as desired
- Hot cooked rice for serving
- Slice the beef chuck into thin slices
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the brown sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, and beef consomme
- Add the sliced meat and consomme mixture to the crockpot
- 30 mins before cooking time is over, take out some sauce from the crockpot, let it cool for a few minutes, mix it with the cornstarch and add again to the pot again to thicken the sauce. Also, add your broccoli florets at this time. Serve over rice