This cauliflower pizza crust recipe is healthy vegetarian food. Pizza does not contain flour, thus it is gluten-free. This recipe is ideal for those who follow a low-carb diet. Traditionally, pizza is fast food. And fast food, in my understanding, is something very tasty, but very harmful.
I have a friend who practices a lot in the gym and constantly sits on all kinds of diets. Once a week, she arranges a cheat meal for herself and her children. But this doesn’t mean that she is cooking french fries or a three-story hamburger. Under the guise of so beloved fast food, she manages to eat healthily. It was she who shared the cauliflower pizza crust recipe with me. Now I cook such healthy fast food at least once a week. Change the fillings and each time you get a new result.
How to cook cauliflower pizza crust recipe?
First, rinse and chop the cauliflower. Put everything in a blender and grind it with short pulses to the state of the cereal. A few minutes cook the cauliflower in the microwave. Next, you need to dry it with paper towels. Or fold into a gauze cut and squeeze. Mix cauliflower with cheese, egg, salt, and spices. Knead the dough with your hands. Spread it on parchment and roll out with a rolling pin. Bake in the oven, and then cover with tomato sauce, cheese or any other filling.
How to use frozen cauliflower?
Using frozen cauliflower will allow you to skip the cooking phase. Remove it from the freezer the day before to remove all excess moisture and the crust of the pizza was crispy.
How to freeze a cauliflower pizza crust?
If you want to freeze the crust, double the number of ingredients. Bake 2 large or 4 small crusts. Fold in a sealed container with a lid and store for 5-6 months. To prepare a frozen crust, put it on parchment and bake for 10 minutes until it warms up.
What toppings to use for cauliflower pizza crust recipe?
Use different ingredients each time and get new tastes. The most popular additives are mushrooms, ham, turkey, pineapple, pepperoni, olives and different types of cheeses.
How to make tomato sauce for cauliflower pizza crust recipe?
- Put three large tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove, peel and grind in a blender until smooth.
- Peel 1 onion and 1 clove of garlic, chop. Fry in a pan in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil. Simmer without a lid over low heat. Cook until excess liquid evaporates and the sauce becomes thick.
- To make the sauce redder, add a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste.
Does cauliflower pizza crust taste good?
The taste of this pizza is different from traditional bread pizza. But it is very good. It tastes like a thin crust pizza. And the right tomato sauce and your favorite cheese will make the weather in this dish.
Is cauliflower pizza crust better for you?
When I first cooked this pizza, I didn’t tell anyone about its composition. I just cooked and silently filed on the table. My husband is very picky about food and I expected different reactions. What was my surprise when the pizza was instantly eaten and asked for supplements! So the option of making cauliflower pizza is now in my top.
TIPS TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
- You can replace cheese for dough with goat cheese for a more delicate texture.
- Make the edges of the crust thicker to simulate a traditional pizza.
Is cauliflower pizza crust healthier than regular crust?
Yes. If you check the carbohydrate content of your food, then this option is just for you. Cauliflower pizza is healthier because it does not contain flour. Due to this, pizza is suitable for those with gluten intolerance.
Can you buy a cauliflower pizza crust?
Now, this type of pizza you can buy in almost any store. And not only in specialized narrow but also in ordinary supermarkets. You can buy frozen cauliflower pizza crust, regular or with toppings.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
SIMPLY THE BEST CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST
- 1 small to the medium-sized head of cauliflower - should make 2 cups once processed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt OR 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- pizza sauce & toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and sprinkle baking parchment with a culinary spray.
- Grind raw cauliflower in a blender with short pulses until the grain is fine. Put in a bowl and cook for 4 minutes in the microwave. Fold everything in a gauze cut and squeeze out all the liquid. The more fluid you remove, the crisp the crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, egg, grated cheese, salt, and spices. Knead the dough with your hands and roll it into a ball. Put the ball on a baking sheet covered with parchment and roll out with a rolling pin. The thickness of the dough is approximately 0.2 inches. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. In the middle of the path, you can turn the crust over, but I didn't.
- Cover the prepared crust with tomato sauce and grated cheese. Bake until the cheese melts.
- If your dough is too thin due to excess moisture, do not rush to throw it away. Add a couple of spoons of ricemeal or cornmeal. This will correct the situation.
- If you have a stone for baking pizza - use it
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1200 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 15g 75%
Trans Fat 13g
Cholesterol 55mg 18%
Sodium 33mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 33g 11%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Protein 9g 18%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.