If you turned your attention to this recipe, then you are a real sweet tooth and a chocolate lover.
What could be better than a cup of tea or coffee with crispy chocolate chip cookies?
Honestly, I personally hardly imagine my life without sweets. And if I ever grow stout, then I will be the happiest plump woman.
My day is not complete without sweets, and if they are not in the house, then the day will be spent in vain. Just kidding of course! But I will never refuse dessert.
After trying dozens of different recipes, I quite by chance met with traditional American cookies. It was always somewhere in advertisements, in movies, and in stores, but not on my desk. I did not really like what I bought at the store. Anyway, recently I became an adherent of home baking. Without any preservatives, stabilizers, dyes and other nonsense there.
In addition, I am a young mother, and of course, if you give sweets to your child, then only the best quality and transparent composition. When I see the shelf life of store cookies a year-long – my eye begins to twitch)))
Once again, having stumbled upon a chocolate chip cookie recipe, I realized that it was a sign.
A little google, I found out that this recipe is almost 85 years old! Well, how can I resist? In short, fewer words, more action.
Enjoy the ease of preparation and the availability of ingredients. And believe me, having tried once, you will cook these cookies again!
- Chocolate chips can be replaced with chocolate bars. It is advisable to use dark chocolate, not milk, it will be too sweet (I take 92% cocoa). Chop it into pieces with a knife and add to the dough.
- If you want to get even more chocolate chip cookies, add a few spoons of cocoa powder to the flour mixture.
- If you do not have a special spoon for ice cream, pick up the dough with a regular spoon and roll into balls. Put the finished balls in the freezer for 10-20 minutes, so that the butter melted from the heat of the hands hardens again. Then bake.
- You can also use large and small spoons to get several sizes.
FAQ FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
What makes a cookie chewy?
This is due to the high humidity. It is necessary to adjust and observe the baking time and temperature, which are indicated in the recipe. In this case, it is important not to skip the step of cooling the dough in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Water binds to flour in butter, eggs, and sugar. Thus, its evaporation is slowed down.
How do I bake the perfect cookie?
Beat softened butter with sugar in a mixer until light and lush. Then add the eggs and vanilla. Pour a mixture of flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and knead a homogeneous dough. Add the chocolate drops, knead with a spatula, and hide the dough for 24-36 hours in the refrigerator. Then we form the balls of dough with a spoon, spread on a baking sheet and bake.
What does cornstarch do for cookies?
Corn starch is often used to bake cookies and cakes. When used in combination with flour, it softens the hard proteins of flour, due to this we get a more delicate texture in baking.
How do you keep chocolate chip cookies soft?
To keep the cookies soft, they must be stored in sealed containers. It can be a plastic or metal container with a lid, a plastic bag, or just cover the bowl with cookies with cling film.
- 1 2/3 cups (208 grams) cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups (208 grams) bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups (284g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (10 ounces or 225g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces (about 3 cups) chocolate chips or chunks
- Output: 45 dough balls ~35 grams each.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. It is advisable to do this 2-3 times so that the flour is saturated with oxygen.
- Cut the softened butter into cubes, combine with sugar and beat with a mixer until the mass becomes light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and add 2 eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and knead again until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate chips and knead with a spatula.
- Put the finished dough in a container and leave it in the refrigerator for 24-72 hours. Do not skip this step!!!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cover the pan with parchment paper. Using a spoon, place the dough balls at a distance from each other.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown, chill on the wire rack and enjoy
- If you do not have a special cake flour, take bread flour, remove 2 tablespoons from the total amount and add 2 tablespoons of corn starch.
- Do not neglect the step of cooling the dough in the refrigerator. This can dramatically change the end result and cookies will not look presentable. During cooling, the dry ingredients absorb moisture well, resulting in a denser and richer dough. And warm dough balls will spread on the baking sheet and become thin.
- Leave some chocolate pieces to lay on top of the dough balls before baking.