Are you looking for that crowd-pleaser dessert which is at once delicious and easy to make? Then what about Boston Cream Poke Cake? It tastes excellent, that is why it is able to steal your guests’ hearts just from the first bite!
Are you a bad cook? And you think you won’t be able to bake an appetizing Boston cream poke cake? Do never worry about this again but hurry to read on our recipe to prepare the most scrumptious Boston cream poke cake ever!
We are going to provide you with the slightest details and instructions on how to bake that yellow cake which amazingly combines custard and chocolate. So let’s start!
What you will need!
To prepare Boston cream poke cake you won’t need many kitchen tools. Hence you won’t end up having a mountain of utensil waiting to be cleaned. It requires no more than a 13×9 baking pan, hand mixer, whisk and mixing bowls. It also doesn’t need too much ingredients; that’s amazing isn’t it!
Want To Remember It? Take a second to PIN IT 😋
- 16.25 ounce yellow cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 6.8 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix 2 (3.4oz) boxes
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 1/3 cups
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- -In the 13x9 baking dish you have already prepared the cake by following the instructions on the package. When it is baked don’t poke holes in it before letting it cool and when you poke be sure to reach the bottom of the pan.
- - In a bowl, use the whisk to whip pudding, vanilla and milk. Please don’t forget to stop whisking before it thickens. Now pour your thin pudding over you cake making one layer and if you notice that it doesn’t go into the holes poke it down in a subtle way.
- - In the next step, you have to be patient and let the cake refrigerate for one hour.
Chocolate Glaze Instructions:
- -Take your chocolate chips and corn syrup then put them together in a heat-proof bowl.
- -To prepare the cream you have actually two choices. You either warm it in a small saucepan to simmers over reduced heat or you put in the microwave until it becomes hot.
- -Now take the hot cream you prepared and pour it over chocolate chips then let it melt for 2 minutes.
- -Now try to stir it that it becomes smooth before letting the glaze cool for about 10 minutes.
- -When your glaze is completely cool pour it over the cake then take a spatula to spread it until it tops all the cake and making a smooth layer. Again you will have to be patient enough to wait for your Boston cream poke cake to chill for at least four hours or overnight in case you can control yourself and you want to taste a one of a kind and delicious one-pan dessert
Leave a Reply