Bored with processed chicken or meat, you can try this one, Tuna Cakes. It is perfect for your dinner meal. This recipe is low calories but still rich in flavor. Great served as a burger or sandwich. Also, add a salad for nutrition balanced. I am a fan of spicy food. I usually dip it with spicy mayonnaise or Sriracha. So yum!
Just use canned tuna, because it is always in the kitchen. Tuna cakes are healthy and easy to cook only from canned tuna. While late come home and so tired to cook, this recipe will help you. Just take a canned tuna, mixed with other ingredients on your fridge then cook. That’s it! It doesn’t take a long time to cook.
For this recipe, I make tuna cakes from canned tuna, cayenne, and parsley. If you, not a spicy food fan, skip cayenne. You may add other ingredients as you like. And don’t forget to add more seasoning for better taste. This recipe can be an American cuisine or Asian fusion. Interesting right? So come on, let’s go to cook!
Preparation Tips and Tricks:
- Put tuna in a bowl, then let them drain. Tuna will mix easily with other ingredients when the meat isn’t runny. If the meat is runny, it will crumble easily and not taste.
- Sauté the onion and garlic minced until fragrant. Then set aside.
- It is possible to mix all the ingredients directly in a bowl. Then shape the dough into patties. I make it round first then with hand press it slightly flat.
- In once cook, put 5 – 6 patties. Give space for each patty so that the patties do not stick to each other. Flip the patties once after it looked yellowish and firm.
- 10 -ounces from 2 canned tuna
- 1 egg
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 5 cayenne, chopped
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoons mushroom powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 50 ml olive oil or vegetable oil
- Put tuna in a bowl, then let them drain.
- Sauté the onion and garlic minced until fragrant.
- In a bowl, mix salt, pepper, black pepper, mushroom powder, and bread crumbs.
- Then add sautéed onion, chopped cayenne, egg, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and tuna. Mix until combined and the dough texture smooth and not
- Shape the dough into patties. The size depends on you. I can make around eight patties from this recipe.
- On medium heat, heat the oil in a pan. Put the patties and cook till the patties golden brown. Cook all the patties. Drain well.
Don’t lose this recipe? Take a second to PIN IT 😋