Pineapple pretzel fluff is a sweet dessert salad that will delight all sweet-tooth. It contains cream cheese and whipped topping. And also pieces of salted pretzel baked in the oven with sugar and butter. Trust me, everyone will ask for the recipe. I recommend sprinkling pineapple fluff with cracker just before serving to keep it crispy!
INGREDIENTS IN PINEAPPLE PRETZEL FLUFF:
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted.
- 1 cup sugar, divided.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained.
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed.
HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE PRETZEL FLUFF?
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 13 * 9-inch baking dish with parchment.
In a deep bowl, add 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, and crushed pretzels.
- Stir and place mixture in prepared baking dish. Smooth with a silicone spatula and press down. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Put the whipped cream cheese into a bowl, add drained and chopped pineapple, and stir with a spatula.
- Add whipped topping and stir.
- Break up the cooled crackers, add 3/4 to a bowl, and stir. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 on top. Let cool in the refrigerator for about an hour and serve.
CAN YOU FREEZE PINEAPPLE PRETZEL SALAD?
Pineapple pretzel salad is one of those recipes that does not like freezing.
You can try this, but keep in mind that after defrosting, the mixture may stratify.
CAN I STORE LEFTOVER PRETZEL SALAD?
Carefully cover the rest of the pineapple pretzel dessert with cling film or put it in an airtight container with a lid.
Store in the refrigerator for no more than 3-4 days.
- Use unsweetened pineapple to keep your pineapple pretzel fluff not too sweet.
- You can use fresh pineapple, rings, or slices. Simply chop, then fold in a towel or gauze and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Optionally, you can add any fruits or berries to the pineapple pretzel dessert. It can also be maraschino cherry or mini marshmallows.
Easy Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, and crushed pretzels. Stir, place in a 13 * 9 baking dish covered with parchment, press, bake for 7 minutes, then cool.
- Whisk remaining sugar with cream cheese until creamy.
- Add chopped drained pineapple, then whipped topping, and stir.
- Break up the caramel pretzels, add most to the mixture, sprinkle the rest on top. Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour and serve.