If you haven’t wondered how to make honey roasted cashews, then this recipe is for you! Crispy cashews in honey-caramel glaze and sugar sprinkles are a great treat.
Cinnamon and salt give them a special savory flavor. Keep in mind that this recipe is great for any raw nuts: walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, or pecans. And also take note that such a treat can be packed in a beautiful box and added to a Christmas present.
HONEY ROASTED CASHEWS INGREDIENTS:
- raw cashew nuts 1 pound
- unsalted butter 1 ½ tablespoon
- maple syrup 1 tablespoon
- honey 3 tablespoons
- kosher salt 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon ¼ teaspoon
- sugar 2 tablespoons (for topping)
HOW TO MAKE HONEY ROASTED CASHEWS FROM SCRATCH?
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Cover with a sheet of foil. Place cashews in a deep bowl and set aside.
- Step 2. Put butter, honey, and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Put on low heat and melt, stirring constantly.
- Step 3. When the mixture becomes homogeneous, add salt, ground cinnamon, mix thoroughly.
- Step 4. Pour the hot honey mixture over the cashews and stir until all the nuts are covered.
- Step 5. Place the cashews on a sheet of foil, spread over the entire surface, and place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Step 6. After 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet, stir the cashews and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Then remove and check the nuts. If they are golden brown – take out, if not enough – stir and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Watch the cashews so they don’t burn.
- Step 7. Sprinkle sugar over the hot cashews and mix thoroughly. It can be powdered sugar or granulated sugar. I prefer to sprinkle the granulated sugar onto a cutting board and crush it a little with a rolling pin. This will give you different sized fractions and give your cashews a more textured look.
- Step 8. While the nuts are cooling, try to stir them periodically, as the resulting caramel sticks the cashews together.
SHOULD CASHEWS BE ROASTED?
No, you should buy cashews raw as you will bake them in the oven in the process. If you use cashews that have already been fried, they may be too hard.
HOW LONG DO HONEY ROASTED CASHEWS LAST?
Not for long. Seriously, 1 pound of honey roasted cashews was eaten by my family in 2 days!))
But if you prefer to store this treat, rather than eat it, then roasted cashews can be stored for six months to a year in an airtight container.
HOW TO STORE HONEY ROASTED CASHEWS?
It is best to store roasted honey cashews in a container with an airtight lid.
This is necessary so that the nuts do not get damp and do not deteriorate. You can store it in your kitchen cabinet or refrigerator.
BAKING TIPS FOR HONEY ROASTED CASHEWS
- Use aluminum foil or siliconized parchment paper for baking.
- Maple syrup, you can replace it with Jerusalem artichoke syrup or any other available.
- Optionally, you can add a pinch of nutmeg to the cinnamon and salt.
- You can use either granulated sugar or powdered sugar for the dusting. I prefer to sprinkle the granulated sugar onto a cutting board and crush it a little with a rolling pin. This will give you different sized fractions and give your cashews a more textured look.
- After sprinkling hot cashews with sugar, continue stirring until they cool, otherwise, the formed caramel sticks the cashews together.
- 1 pound raw cashew nuts
- 1 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F, pour cashews into a large bowl.
- Combine honey, maple syrup, and butter in a saucepan, melt over low heat, stirring until smooth. Add salt, cinnamon, stir, remove from heat.
- Pour the hot mixture over the cashews, mix them thoroughly, and pour onto a baking sheet. Spread evenly and bake for about 25 minutes, taking out every 10 minutes to mix.
- Sprinkle sugar (or powdered sugar) over hot nuts and stir until cashews cool.
Leave a Reply