Blueberry Delight is an airy “puff” dessert with blueberries without baking. This is a kind of cheesecake souffle that lies on the crust of crackers and pecan. Okay, it’s almost without baking.
You still have to brown the crust a little in the oven. This crust includes pecans, and I promise that the nutty taste is worth it!
I have been able to cook such desserts for a long time with my eyes closed. This dessert is quick, easy, delicate, and … still a little different from the other ones.
What’s the Difference? In a crust! It consists not only of crackers and butter, as is usually the case. Pecan is the key to success. By the way, you can add pecans not only to the crust but also to sprinkle the pie on top!
How to make a blueberry delight?
- Beat the graham cracker and nuts in a blender until sandy. Melt the butter and combine it with crackers, sugar, and nuts. Put in a baking dish, tamp with your hands and bake for 8 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Then beat with a mixer cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar.
- Combine with the whipped cream or cook yourself. After the crust has cooled, put half of the whipped creamy mass, smooth. Put a thick layer of blueberry filling and cover with the second half of whipped cream.
- Cool in the refrigerator. Garnish the cake with blueberries before serving.
How to cook your own blueberry filling?
Take 10 ounces of frozen berries and put them in a saucepan.
Pour 1/2 cup of water and cook over low heat until the berries give juice. Add 4-5 tablespoons of sugar (or as you like) and 4 tablespoons of corn starch. Cook, stirring until the mixture thickens.
If the juice will be too much, then add a little more starch. Be sure to cool the blueberry filling before use in this dessert!
Tips to make Blueberry Delight
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with parchment. Or grease with butter to prevent the crust from sticking.
- You can replace the blueberry filling with strawberry or cherry.
- For a special flavor, add almond extract to the creamy mixture.
- Decorate the cake with any fresh berries, nuts, almond chips, or chocolate chips.
- Garnish with fresh berries just before serving. Berries can let the juice go and the appearance will be ruined.
How to keep the crust on blueberry delight from sticking to the pan?
To prevent the crust from sticking to the pan, use a few tips.
First, you can grease the bottom of the pan with butter.
Secondly, you can cover the bottom with a piece of parchment. Thirdly, try to use cookware with non-stick coating and you will surely succeed!
How to store blueberry delight?
Be sure to store this dessert in the refrigerator, due to the fact that it belongs to perishable products. Cover with cling film or put in a container with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I do not recommend freezing it!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE A FEW MORE I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE!
- Mini Lemon Drop Cakes
- A Lemon Cake To Die For!
- The 3 Ingredient Cookie
- Kentucky Butter Cake
- Butter Pecan Cookies For Tea Time
- Do Nothing Tornado Cake!
- 1 individual package graham crackers, 9 full crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 (21-ounce) cans blueberry pie filling
- 2 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, tnaved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the graham cracker and pecans with a blender until sandy. Combine this mixture with melted butter and sugar. Knead by hand and put in a baking dish. Press by hand and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Beat in a mixer the cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar until fluffy. Add whipped cream and knead. Conditionally divide the entire mixture into 2 parts.
- Assembly: Put half the creamy mixture and smooth with a spatula. Put the blueberry filling and distribute. Cover the remaining half of the creamy mixture.
- Refrigerate the cake in the refrigerator for several hours, preferably night. Garnish the cake with fresh berries before serving.
- If you do not have a blender, put the cracker and nuts in a strong bag and push with a rolling pin.
- You can replace cracker graham with any lean cookies.
- You can make whipped cream yourself. To do this, take 500 ml of heavy whipping cream with a high percentage of fat content (at least 35%). Add 4 tablespoons of sugar and beat with a mixer for about 5 minutes. Or to high peaks.